Know when you taste a stellar dish at a restaurant and you can’t wait to re-create it in your own kitchen? This is precisely that dish.
Flavorful, full-bodied white bean hummus. Small roasted tomatoes tickle your taste buds with a sweet pop and lovely texture. Fresh, ideally-ripe avocado lends a savory taste, tying the dish together seamlessly.
Simple, fresh, easy-to-source ingredients are the foundation for this recipe. Methods and instructions are straightforward enough my six-year-old can make this dish to a “T”.
In Bristol, there are such distinctive restaurants. Some serve typical English fare, while others step outside the boundaries of English cuisine and try something new and bold.
Created by the chef at Riverstation in Bristol, England. Inspired by the Mediterranean Coast. I copycat this recipe to be an idyllic pairing at a dinner party, a picnic. It also works beautifully as a simple lunch or snack.
NOTES: Time/Energy Saver Tip…Use an electric hand blender or a food processor to make the hummus.
This White Bean Hummus Crostini is simple, yet flavorful. The roasted tomatoes bring a tangy, sweet element, as the avocado lends a savory taste. You’ll find the marriage of flavors in this dish delectable!
This dish is so simple, it’ll be a regular on your rotating list of Quick Favorites to prepare for a snack, an appetizer or a small gathering.
To taste the “original”, you must visit Riverstation in Bristol, England, UK.
If you’re like me, you love to create restaurant style dishes in the comfort of your own Kitchen. This dish is simple, yet scrumptious. You’ll love making it again and again! 🙂
LOVE THIS RECIPE? HUNGRY FOR MORE?
Did you make this? Please RATE THE RECIPE below in Comments!
White Bean Hummus Crostini with Roasted Tomato & Avocado
- food processor
- rubber scraper
- sharp chef's knife
- large baking sheet
- parchment paper, aluminum foil, silpat or other baking sheet liner
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 1 cup avocado mashed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or substitute cocktail or grape tomatoes
- 16 ounces white beans cannellini or great northern beans taste great
- 2 tsp lemon juice or more, to taste
- 1 TBSP tahini or more, to taste
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- Preaheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/180 degrees Celcius.
- Slice tomatoes in half. Place on a large baking sheet. Slice off the top of the bulb of garlic. Place garlic bulb on the large baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until the tomatoes soften and appear a bit "mushy" and the garlic has a golden brown color.
- As the tomatoes and garlic are roasting in the oven, prepare tahini*. Slice the sourdough baguette/loaf into crostini-sized pieces, and slice and mash the avocado(s).
- Prepare hummus** in a food processor or in a mixing bowl using an immersion blender. Place garlic, lemon juice, tahini (to taste), kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper into a food processor or blender. Pulse or blend until completely smooth.
- Add white beans and warm water to the mixture. Pulse/blend until smooth.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and pulse/blend until smooth.
- Add warm water 1 TBSP/15 mL at a time until the hummus reaches a desired consistency and smoothness.
- Lay out the sourdough crostini slices on a serving plate. Spread hummus to the edges of each crostini. Dollop a bit of mashed avocado on top of each hummus-covered crostini.
- To serve, lay the roasted tomatoes and the roasted garlic bulb next to and surrounding the crostini slices for diners to pair with the crostini.
- * Use your favorite store-bought or prepared tahini rather than preparing tahini from scratch.** Use your favorite store-bought or prepared hummus rather than preparing hummus from scratch.